Seneca Grade School North Campus
Return-to-School for In-Person Guidelines
- All bus riders will have their temperature taken as they enter the bus. Any student exhibiting a fever, or any other Covid symptoms, will not be allowed entry along with any other student who lives in the same household.
- All students must wear a mask while riding the bus.
- Only students who live in the same household will be allowed to share a seat.
Entering the Building
- The doors of the North Campus will open at 7:35 each day. Please do not drop students off any earlier.
- All students must be wearing a mask upon entering the building.
- Car riders will be dropped off using the Drop-off lane located off of Walnut Street. Cars will enter off Walnut and travel to Door Q behind the building.
- All car riders will have their temperature taken at the car before exiting. Parents should stop at Door Q to drop their student(s) off. A school designee will be at the door to check temperatures. Please have students ready to exit the car immediately following temperature to help with the flow of traffic. Parents will travel out the South Parking Lot and exit out to Oak Street. Parents are not to leave their cars during drop-off.
- Bike riders and walkers will enter at the Main entrance on Oak Street. They will have their temperatures checked at the door.
- All students and staff must wear a mask throughout the instructional day. Students may remove masks for breakfast, lunch (plexiglass dividers will be on each lunch table), recess and socially distanced PE class when it can be held outside. Our staff will also seek opportunities to get students outside for instruction, weather permitting.
- Social distancing will be practiced throughout the building including classroom seating, hallway transitions and lunch.
- Students will go to their homeroom each day where they will receive instruction. Specials teachers will rotate into rooms to provide instruction in an effort to limit transitions throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in each classroom and hand washing will be encouraged throughout the instructional day.
- Although students will not be able to drink directly from our water fountains, each one is equipped with a fill station for water bottles. As a result, students may bring in clear water bottles to fill up and have in classrooms.
- Additional cleaning staff will be on hand each day to ensure that the building is properly disinfected while students are present and after dismissal in preparation for the next day.
- Dismissal will take place at 2:00 pm each day until Labor Day. As we approach that date, this adjusted dismissal time will be reviewed and evaluated to determine whether we will extend this dismissal time or return to our normal dismissal. Parents will be notified prior to Labor Day weekend.
- Car Pick-up lane will enter from Walnut Street and move behind the building toward the South Parking Lot. There will be 4 stop areas for cars. Students will exit out gym doors to cars and once all students are in the car, the next set of 4 cars will come into parking area. To assist with traffic flow, please enter the pick-up driveway traveling north (down from Union Street).
- Parents will be given name cards that should be placed on the car visor to assist staff in identifying families. Parents should provide their own for the first day of school.
- Parents should remain in their vehicle throughout the pick-up process.
- Walkers will exit from Main entrance on Oak Street.
- Buses will use lot at the North end of the building for pick-up.
General Building Guidelines
- Visitors will not be permitted into the building without prior arrangements
- There will be a table in the lobby for forgotten items parents may use if necessary
- Practice social distancing guidelines while at school
- Lockers/cubbies will be used for storage of items only and have limited access
Covid Attendance Guidelines
- Parents/Guardians of any student exhibiting one or more Covid-related symptoms will be contacted by our school nurse to discuss their status in terms of returning to school.
- Covid-related symptoms include fever, sore throat, persistent cough, chills, body ache, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and loss of smell or taste.