Dear SGS Learning Community,
This letter is to inform you that Seneca Grade School North Campus has had a symptomatic individual who has tested positive for Covid-19. This individual was not symptomatic while at school or within close contact to anyone while in the building. We are in contact with the local health departments to monitor this case to prevent further spread within our school community.
To prevent further spread of the disease, Seneca Grade School is continuing to take the following steps:
- Ongoing monitoring of students and staff for signs and symptoms of illness and evaluation of illness reports to promptly identify possible outbreaks.
- Conducting a deep clean and disinfection of the areas impacted by potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
We will continue to enforce safe practices to prevent, promptly identify, and respond to potential COVID cases as follows:
- Students and staff who are ill with COVID-like symptoms will promptly be placed in a separate supervised area away from others until they can be sent home.
- Students are required to wear face coverings at all times, as previously directed and per school policy.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times while in contact with children and other staff in the facility.
- We are continuously sanitizing high-touch surfaces including door handles, stair rails, sink faucets….
- We are teaching students the importance of face coverings, social distancing and proper handwashing.
We appreciate your continued support, understanding and flexibility during this time.