Dear SGS Learning Community,
This letter is to inform you that Seneca Grade School South Campus has had a symptomatic individual who is directly linked to a positive case. Out of an abundance of caution, and pending test results, we are working with the LaSalle County Health Department to promptly identify and monitor individuals who have had recent contact with the symptomatic individuals to prevent further spread within our school community. Upon a negative test result individuals identified as close contacts will be released from quarantine.
To prevent further spread of the disease, Seneca Grade School is taking the following steps:
- Ongoing monitoring of students and staff for signs and symptoms of illness and evaluation of illness reports to promptly identify possible outbreaks.
- Conducting a deep clean and disinfection of the areas impacted by potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
We will continue to enforce safe practices to prevent, promptly identify and respond to potential COVID cases as follows:
- Students and staff who are ill with COVID-like symptoms will promptly be placed in a separate supervised area away from others until they can be sent home.
- Students are required to wear face coverings at all times, as previously directed and per school policy.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times while in contact with children and other staff in the facility.
- We are continuously sanitizing high-touch surfaces including door handles, stair rails, sink faucets….
- We are teaching students the importance of face coverings, social distancing and proper handwashing.
We appreciate your continued support, understanding and flexibility as we work through the start of the new school year!