South Campus Return to School Guidelines for In-Person Learners
Thursday, August 13, 2020
South Campus Return-to-School
Guidelines for In-Person Learners
- All bus riders will have their temperature taken as they enter the bus. Any student exhibiting a fever of 100 or higher, or any other Covid-related symptoms, will not be allowed entry along with any other student who lives in the same household.
- All students must wear a mask while riding the bus.
- Only students who live in the same household will be allowed to share a seat.
Entering the Building
- The doors of the South Campus will open at 7:30 each day.
- All students must be wearing a mask upon entering the building.
- All car riders will have their temperature taken at the curb before exiting the car. Parents should pull into the lane directly in front of the building to drop their student(s) off. A school designee will be at the curb to check temperatures.
- Bike riders and walkers will have their temperatures checked at the door.
- Any student exhibiting a fever of 100 or higher, or any other Covid-related symptom, will be sent home. Students who live in the same household will be sent home as well.
- 7th and 8th grade students will enter through the main doors (Door A) each morning.
- 5th and 6th grade students will enter through Door B each morning. Door B is directly north the main entrance in the front of the building.
- All students and staff must wear a mask throughout the instructional day. Students may remove masks for breakfast, lunch (plexiglass dividers will be on each lunch table) and socially distanced PE class when it can be held outside. Our staff will also seek opportunities to get students outside for instruction, weather permitting.
- Social distancing will be practiced throughout the building including classroom seating, hallway transitions and lunch.
- Students will be assigned to a classroom each day where they will receive instruction. Teachers will rotate into rooms to provide instruction in an effort to limit transitions throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in each classroom and hand washing will be encouraged throughout the instructional day.
- Although students will not be able to drink directly from our water fountains, each one is equipped with a fill station for water bottles. As a result, students may bring in clear water bottles to fill up and have in classrooms.
- Additional cleaning staff will be on hand each day to ensure that the building is properly disinfected while students are present and after dismissal in preparation for the next day.
- Dismissal will take place at 2:00 pm each day until Labor Day. As we approach that date, this adjusted dismissal time will be reviewed and evaluated to determine whether we will extend this dismissal time or return to our normal dismissal. Parents will be notified prior to Labor Day weekend.
- Dismissal will involve releasing students in grade level groups dividing car riders and walkers from bus riders. Social distancing will be expected throughout the dismissal process.
- Parents should pull into parking spots to pick up their student(s) as usual.
Covid Attendance Guidelines
- Parents/Guardians of any student exhibiting one or more Covid-related symptoms will be contacted by our school nurse to discuss their status in terms of returning to school.
- Covid-related symptoms include fever, sore throat, persistent cough, chills, body ache, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and loss of smell or taste.